Six more learners from the Lofentse Girls High School in Soweto have been rushed to hospital for alleged food poisoning.
Teachers at the school comforted the ailing patients before they were transported to hospital.
On Thursday, nearly 40 learners were vomiting, having complained of stomach cramps after eating scones.
Parents sounded the alarm on possible food poisoning after their kids bought the scones, allegedly, from a fellow learner.
Learning and teaching was disrupted, when parents went to school to seek answers.
Gauteng police spokesperson, Kay Makhubele, says a sample of the scones in question has been taken for analysis to establish what could have caused the learners to fall ill.