South Africa gets ready to move to level 2 lockdown from Monday, President Cyrill Ramaphosa has announced.
Ramaphosa made the announcement during an address to the nation on Saturday night. Earlier in the day Cabinet met to finalize the new regulations.
The president has also announced that the ban on the sale of tobacco products will fall away and alcohol sales will once more be permitted.
Lockdown level 2 expectations:
* All restrictions on inter-provincial travel will be lifted.
* Accommodation, hospitality venues, and tours will be permitted according to approved protocols to ensure social distancing.
* Restaurants, bars, and taverns will be permitted to operate according to approved protocols as to times of operation and numbers of people.
* Restrictions on the sale of tobacco will be lifted.
* The suspension of the sale of alcohol will be lifted subject to certain restrictions.
* Alcohol will be permitted for on-site consumption in licensed establishments only up until 10pm.
* Liquor outlets will be allowed to sell alcohol for off-site consumption from Monday to Thursday during the hours of 9am to 5pm only.
* Restrictions on family and social visits will also be lifted, although everyone is urged to exercise extreme caution and undertake such visits only if necessary.