One of the victims of the Melville shooting in Johannesburg, which left two people dead and six others wounded, has spoken about the incident.
Pertunia Roots was inside the Melville restaurant in the early hours of New Year’s day with friends when she was shot and wounded during a drive-by shooting.
Roots says she remembers seeing people falling.
“We got into the restaurant hardly 45-minutes into the restaurant we saw people falling and then we looked. I just felt this hard blow to my pelvic area and realize I have been shot. I don’t know who did the incident, who shot me but I am currently fine. I am much better than what I was.” Earlier on Friday Acting Gauteng premier Panyaza Lesufi visited those wounded in the attack at the Helen Joseph hospital in Johannesburg.
He says two specialized police teams have been assigned to investigate the New Year’s Day shooting incidents in Melville and Newtown.
Addressing the media, Lesufi says police are investigating whether any gang-related activities are involved.