Pretoria – One would agree that road renovations and abandoned road projects in some provinces can make life a living hell if you end up with a torn tire or dashed headlight. This can mean expensive repars and upgrade bills – or losing your insurance no-claims bonuses – to replace wheels damaged by potholes and rock pilled roads.
There is a possible way to claim for damages caused on the National roads Agency, which is responsible for maintaining the city’s roads. The process can be lenghty but if you want your paid cash back, it might be worth it.
Lets start by visiting the National Road Agency Claim site , get the numbers for the province where your incidence occurred and contact them for a claim form for your vehicle (You would need an email address).
In addition to completing the claim form, attach the following documents:
1. A police affidavit
2. A Copy of the claimant’s driving licence (in case of vehicle damage)
3. The vehicle’s registration documents (in case of vehicle damage)
4. A copy of the claimant’s ID
5. Photos of the damage to the car (in case of vehicle damage)
6. Three quotations or invoice/proof of payment
7. A letter from the claimant’s insurance company confirming that the claim was not logged to own insurance or an affidavit of non-insurance
8. A doctor’s report if there is personal injury.
The form must be emailed or faxed back, check the relevant fax numbers on the same page.
Don’t do both, as this delays the process.
If you had your incidence in Johannesburg, you can fast track the issue by downloading a form from the JRA website or downloading the formhere . The process is the same as the points listed above, when you done filling the form, mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 743 3471.
If you don’t receive acknowledgement of receipt within three days with a reference number, email the NRA national number 012 844 8000 or Fax number: 012 844 8200. Check our Community Information for a full contact detail